Friday 19 October 2012
Last Update 19 October 2012 5:49 am
DAMMAM: More than 12.8 million people crossed the King Fahd Causeway that connects the Kingdom and Bahrain by the third half of this year, according to the King Fahd Causeway Authority chief Bader Al-Otaishan.
He confirmed that on average 46,062 people crossed the causeway daily during this period. “The number of vehicles that crossed the causeway up to the third half of this year reached almost 5.6 million, on average 20,751 vehicles daily,” said Al-Otaishan.
He anticipated an enormous increase in the number of passengers using the causeway this year compared to last year. Al-Otaishan also said that the KFCA will continue to implement new plans and expand services, as well as serve passengers with modern facilities.
A meeting was held recently between Bahraini and Saudi officials to discuss the new plans and preparations for Eid Al-Adha. The talks focused on the movement of traffic during the Haj holidays and provision of facilities for passengers.
Both sides stressed the need for paying special attention to pilgrims by easing the movement of passengers during Haj and Eid.
Arab News is not responsible for the view points, opinions and actions expressed by online commenters. Individual posts do not reflect Arab News' points of view or opinion, and abusive content will be removed